Southwest Tennessee Cheerleading
Fall Auditions: September 18-19, 2015
Friday, September 18 6 p.m. (Union Avenue Campus - Verties Sails Gym)
Q and A session will take place 1 hour before auditions start. (5pm) (Union campus-Verties Sails gym) Following the Q and A session the cheer and dance choreograph material will be taught to the candidates.
Saturday, September 19 Noon (Union Avenue Campus - Verties Sails Gym)
Interviews will be conducted in front of a panel of judges. Performance auditions will take place immediately after interviews in front of the same panel of judges.
- Cheerleaders are awarded scholarships per semester
- Cheerleaders will perform at all home basketball games and selected away games
- Cheerleaders will participate in student activities and other events planned by Southwest
- Cheerleaders will volunteer one full day at a Memphis area charity organization
- Must be a full or part-time student at Southwest
- 2.0 GPA from either high school or college
- Basic tumbling skills
- At least two years of cheerleading/dance or majorette experience
- Knowledgeable of basic cheerleading terminology
- A positive attitude!
Attire for Tryouts
- Ladies - t-shirt or aerobics tank top, shorts, dance pants, sports-bra, socks, gym shoes
- Gentlemen - t-shirt, shorts or workout pants, socks, gym shoes
- All fitness attire must be tasteful
- It is mandatory that all candidates attend both days of tryouts
Feel free to email Coach Tiller if you have additional questions.